Mind Forward is currently accepting Applications for Service via email only.
Please submit all applications (with corresponding medical documentation) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the next stage of the intake process will be delayed until further notice.
We may be able to help you if you meet the following eligibility criteria.
To be eligible for general services, the individual must:
- Have a primary diagnosis of an Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)*
- Be 16 years of age and over
- Reside in the region of Peel, Halton, or Dufferin County (may waive this criterion should an individual be able to travel to Mind Forward locations)
- Be an active participant in achieving mutually agreed-upon goals
- Be medically stable
- Be free of psychiatric or behavioural symptoms of an order that would preclude the individual from being able to participate in mutually agreed-upon goals
* The agency has adopted the World Health Organization’s definition of ABI: “Damage to the brain, which occurs after birth and is not related to a congenital or a degenerative disease. These impairments may be temporary or permanent and cause partial or functional disability or psychosocial maladjustment” (Geneva 1996)
MUST include all relevant brain injury medical and consult reports – i.e. Neuro-imaging (MRI, CT scan), Neurology report, Emergency Room Reports and/or Hospital Admission/ Discharge Notes.
Processing of the referral will be significantly delayed if the above is not included.
Please return completed applications and relevant assessments and reports to: